At Drake Dance Academy the health and safety of our dancers, families, and staff is of the utmost importance. We have been working diligently on incorporating the CDC and local guidelines into our classroom and building operations. Please carefully review the following procedures before you return to the studio. We are asking all customers to follow our guidelines as we do not want to compromise the safety of our students and staff. Although things may look different when we return, the love we have for our dancers will remain the same! We cannot wait to get back into the studio (safely) and see everyone!
New DDA Policies:
- In order to follow proper social distancing guidelines, we have staggered start times to limit the number of students entering and exiting the building at one time.
- We have divided our rooms into a 6×6 grid, spaces will be clearly marked on the floor.
- We will have our outside doors and windows open throughout the studio (weather permitting) to prevent contact touching and increase airflow.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be available in the lobby and both classrooms.
- Both student and parent lobbies will remain closed temporarily. With the exception of our Preschool aged dancers. For dancers age 5 & under, one parent/guardian will be allowed to enter the building with them, they will need to remain seated in the lobby (6 ft apart from others!) for the duration of their dancers class. *A mask is required at all times in the lobby.*
- We request that dancers use the restroom prior to arriving at the studio to limit bathroom usage. The bathroom will be sanitized by office personnel frequently.
- Dancers, teachers and parents who are showing any symptoms, ill or recovering must remain at home. For Example: cough, fever of 99.7 or higher, difficulty breathing, etc.
- CDC protocols on building sanitation will be strictly followed. We will sanitize between each class and deep cleaning will occur during off hours.
New DDA Procedures:
Entering the Building
- Dancers will not be permitted into the studio before the designated class time. A staff member will come to the parking lot holding a “ready sign” with your class name on it to notify you that you may start lining up—this procedure will start 2 minutes prior to their scheduled class time. Please arrive accordingly.
- If you are early to class, remain in your vehicle until you see a DDA staff member. It is of the utmost importance!
- We ask dancers/parents to remain six feet apart at all times on the premises.
- As students head into the studio, we will do temperature checks —we ask parents please do not leave until your dancer has been cleared to enter.
- Students will receive hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the building.
- Inside each studio we will have spots marked along the wall appropriately spaced out, each dancer will “claim” a spot for their personal belongings, from there the teacher will instruct them where to go on the grid. **Nonessential items should remain at home. Personal belongings should remain with the dancer in his/her designated space. No food allowed!
- Dancers ages 6 and older must wear a mask when entering/exiting the building and classrooms. Until further notice masks must be worn by the dancer older then 6 during class. Breaks will be scheduled to ensure we are not being over worked while wearing a mask.
Class Dismissal/Exiting the Building
- We will begin dismissal approximately 3-5 minutes early for recreational classes to account for cleaning time in between classes.
- Dancers will be given hand sanitizer prior to leaving the building.
- Should a parent be late to pick up, the dancer will be sent to the lobby to wait until a parent arrives. Please try your best to be on time to reduce confusion.
Class Curriculum and Choreography Changes:
- Choreography will be adjusted to properly maintain social distancing practices.
- Dancers will not touch one another during choreography.
- Teachers will abide by the six feet rule and will have no physical contact with dancers in class.
- “Tumbling” will be eliminated from classroom curriculum. No mats will be used in any class.
- No props will be used in class. IE: beanbags, scarves, dots, stickers, etc.
- Lobby will remain closed temporarily. With the exception of our Preschool aged dancers. For dancers age 6 & under, one parent/guardian will be allowed to enter the building with them, they will need to remain seated in the lobby (6 ft apart from others!) for the duration of their dancers class.
- We encourage you to please make payments online via your parent portal. You can find that by navigating to our website www.danceDDA.com, the link to the parent portal will always be available in the top right corner of our home page.
- If you do need to make a payment and/or speak with a staff member we ask you to please enter the lobby one at a time and not when our dancers are traveling through. Please wear a mask, our front desk will be as well, to keep everyone safe masks will be available just inside the door if necessary.
We are here to help! Please email any questions or concerns to info@danceDDA.com
Thank you for your help and patience as we navigate this new normal!